Computer Tips and Tricks
Get the latest posts via rss

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Using Word 2007 as your Blog Editor.


I was looking around to see if I could find a Blog editor to use locally on my clients rather than creating and editing directly within the online blogger tools. To my surprise, I found that you can publish directly from Microsoft Word 2007 to you blog on Blogger, so I thought I would give it a go.

It looked easy and straight forward enough, just click on publish and select Blog




You are presented with selection box to pick your blog provider from

And after clicking next you are asked for your login details.



So, up to now, all pretty simple, or so I thought. I entered my account details, username and password, and all I got was a fairly generic error about being unable to connect. I was trying this from behind a proxy so I presumed it was an issue there, but after a great deal of testing no change. After some research, and head scratching I found the following setting in the Basic Settings in the dashboard at Blogger.com

I had this set originally to "Updated Editor", after I changed to "Old Editor" and entered my username and password in the login prompt in Word again, it connected.

Once connected I could open and edit existing posts and, as per this entry, create new entries also. Only problem found so far with the publishing is the complication with including images. As yet I have not figured out how to upload the images from Word 2007 directly to the blog, but had to add them manually once published.

0 comments:

Post a Comment